NSA: Tourneys: 1998: CSC
: Friday: Pictures
||CSC98 Pictures: Welcome|
All photos by Sherrie Saint John.
- Christina O'Sullivan and her fetching, new Peach Berserk tile bag
- Randall Thomas and Ron Hoekstra "warming up" during reception
- Debut Internet photo of the CSC protiles. Note the Maple Leaf blank motif. Available for non-CSC folks in early 1999 from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max Garfinkle playing CD-ROM game, contestant SCRABBLE bags (full of a 50th anniversary board, a black sweatshirt, and a SCRABBLE mouse pad) with board motif on both sides, and Bernard Gotlieb
- A top-notch trio of 20-year-old runners: Emma Sharpe, Lindsay Beattie, Lauren Petroff. Emma is Brenda Megannety's daughter.
- Emma Sharpe, Lindsay Beattie, Lauren Petroff in their matching outfits. Exact same tanks and exact same pants. They were hard to miss in their "uniforms."
- Jakob Teitelbaum, 16, youngest CSC contestant, and Adam Logan, 23, '96 CSC Champion
- Game 1, board one, Adam Logan and Jeff Parsons. Annotators Evan Berofsky (behind Adam) and Kate Doe.
- John Chew, CSC director, making opening remarks
- Christina O'Sullivan and John Chew meet in person for the first time after "knowing each other" for many years.
- Siri Tillekeratne and Marilyn Murray
- John D. Williams and John Chew during opening remarks
HASBRO is the owner of the registered
SCRABBLE® trademark in the United States and Canada. © 2001 HASBRO.
All rights reserved. "SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword Game" is the proper way to
refer to this unique group of word games and related properties marketed by
HASBRO. "SCRABBLE®" is not a generic term. To use it as such is not only
misleading but also does injustice to the company responsible for the trademark's
longtime popularity. All we ask is that when you mean SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword
Game, you say so.
The SCRABBLE® trademark is owned by J.W. Spear and Sons, PLC, a subsidiary of
Mattel, Inc. outside of the United States and Canada.
For more information about SCRABBLE®
or the NSA, or to comment on or correct the contents of this page,
To report technical difficulties in reading this page,
please contact webmaster
John Chew at: