Back to NSC98 Tuesday Photos
NSC98 Tuesday Photos: Page 3
- Brian Cappelletto being interviewed by Burleigh Hines of CBS
- Lisa Odom about to be interviewed by Burleigh Hines of CBS
- Division 4: Dan Rathberger 371 vs. David Pearl 301. Dan got down BAITERs on a tight board.
- Division 3: Michael Orford 447 steamrolling over Evan Berofsky (ON) 325.
Orford bingoes OUTRAISE MATINEe to Berofsky's SLAVeRS. Berofsky had been doing well, but has now lost five straight.
- Division 4, Table 5: Jane Clark 343 vs. Teresa Schaeffer (DC) 287.
- Division 4, Table 6: Jason Bednarz (TX) vs. Mary Becker (WI).
Becker loses a turn challenging WhARFED; Bednarz also bingoes TREADING; Becker bingoes SLANGIER.
- Jason Bednarz (Division 4) and Trey Wright (Division 1), both from Texas.
Bednarz met Wright at Rice University and piqued his interest in SCRABBLE®.
- Round 20, Gene Tyszka (ON) 357 vs. 11-year-old Leon Fernandes 313. Fernandes let the phoney PIQUEING* (90) go, and lost a turn hooking an S to it.
- Ann Sanfedele (NY) counting out a play against Dee Jackson on the SCRABBLE® rug.
- Division 2: Ruth Hamilton vs. Frank Lee.
HASBRO is the owner of the registered
SCRABBLE® trademark in the United States and Canada. © 2011 HASBRO.
All rights reserved. "SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword Game" is the proper way to
refer to this unique group of word games and related properties marketed by
HASBRO. "SCRABBLE®" is not a generic term. To use it as such is not only
misleading but also does injustice to the company responsible for the trademark's
longtime popularity. All we ask is that when you mean SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword
Game, you say so.
The SCRABBLE® trademark is owned by J.W. Spear and Sons, PLC, a subsidiary of
Mattel, Inc. outside of the United States and Canada.
For more information about SCRABBLE® or the NSA, or to comment on or correct the contents of this page,
For information about SCRABBLE®
tournaments please visit our partner organization,
To report technical difficulties in reading this page,
please contact webmaster
John Chew at: