Back to NSC98 Tuesday Photos
NSC98 Tuesday Photos: Page 5
- Division 4: Teresa Schaeffer's rack
- Division 1, Round 21: Bob Felt vs. Lewis Martinez.
In background, Zev Kaufman vs. Chris Cree.
- Division 1, Table 29: Joe Edley 591 vs. Bob Ellickson 382.
Edley played vAWARDS MOLDIEST BUDGETeR and the phoney UNIPODAL*.
Ellickson played NAILERS but ate the Q.
- Division 3: Joyce Zmorzynski (IL) 388 vs. David Silver (IL) 332.
Both play at the same Chicago club, and have now split a pair of games at this tournament.
Zmorzynski bingoes LUSTING (69) EXHORtS (93), Silver makes the parallel play PEASE (45).
- A crowd gathers (Bob Felt at left) at Table #1 as Cappelletto and Wright finish their game.
- Louis Fernandes, father of Division 4's Leon Fernandes, substituting for Word Judge Mike Coleman (nursing a broken ankle)
- Division 1, Round 21, Table 1: Trey Wright (TX) 466 vs. Brian Cappelletto 363.
First four plays were bingoes, first Cappelletto's OVeRSUP, then UNLOAdER, UNBROKE, RESTAGED.
Wright: "This play [AHOY (60)] was the single luckiest play of my life."
- Division 3
Round 21: Gregg Foster 450 vs. Nancy Schutz 354
An exciting back-and-forth game that sprawled across the board.
- Alan Stern, Charlie Southwell
HASBRO is the owner of the registered
SCRABBLE® trademark in the United States and Canada. © 2011 HASBRO.
All rights reserved. "SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword Game" is the proper way to
refer to this unique group of word games and related properties marketed by
HASBRO. "SCRABBLE®" is not a generic term. To use it as such is not only
misleading but also does injustice to the company responsible for the trademark's
longtime popularity. All we ask is that when you mean SCRABBLE® Brand Crossword
Game, you say so.
The SCRABBLE® trademark is owned by J.W. Spear and Sons, PLC, a subsidiary of
Mattel, Inc. outside of the United States and Canada.
For more information about SCRABBLE® or the NSA, or to comment on or correct the contents of this page,
For information about SCRABBLE®
tournaments please visit our partner organization,
To report technical difficulties in reading this page,
please contact webmaster
John Chew at: