Up to NSSC 2009: Photos
Photos: NSSC 2009: Round 6
Click on contact sheet photos to see larger, edited versions.
Click on the following phrase to see all photos in one page.
Huge original files may be available upon e-mailed request.
- A make-your-own sandwich lunch buffet.
- Quincy Cerabino-Hess of Windham Middle School #1 (NH).
- Lunch buffet with cups of veggie soup.
- Event committee members: Gregg Foster and Annette Bailey.
- The next giveaway! Boxes of SCRABBLE Junior Cheez-It! at every table. One box per student and one box per coach!
- SCRABBLE Junior Cheez-It!
- Each student received a copy of the letter from President Obama.
- Each student received a copy of the letter from Shaquille O'Neal.
- Each student received a participation certificate.
- Three-time National SCRABBLE Champion Joe Edley is pressed into service to find a "fun" SCRABBLE Junior Cheez-It! word.
- Edible ZOWIE in SCRABBLE Junior Cheez-It! form.
- A sea of Cheez-It! boxes!
- A sea of Cheez-It! boxes.
- Students milling into the venue for last time as this round will the last round that all the players will play.
- Students find their way to their tables.
- Plymouth South Middle School #1 (MA) students share their crackers and photocopied letters with their parent/coach.
- Alexander Papajohn of Hampton Bays Middle School #2 (NY), brings his team's letters and crackers to a parent to save for later.
- Shaquille O'Neal's signed jersey has been displayed at the Press Table along iwth photos of Shaq.
- Chloe Fatsis models the latest version of the School SCRABBLE kit. Much smaller in size than previous kits, it contains 6 deluxe boards, 12 racks, and 6 sets of blonde wooden tiles in black tile bags. This kid can be ordered directly from Hasbro. Get info on how at: http://school.scrabble-assoc.com/main.asp?id=86
- Parents/coaches stand in the back of the room since most of the sideline chairs have been taken.
- Lauren McIver of Walagua Jr. High (OR) won a Franklin Electronic SCRABBLE Dictionary in the raffle this round!
- The players poised to play the last game.
- The playing room as seen from the stage.
- Gregg Foster, annotates Salem Elementary #1 (NC), and Sam Rosin, annotates Willets Road School (NY) at table 1.
- Our Lady of Victory Baltimore #3 (MD) is wearing fingerless gloves today in addition to their visors as necklaces in this game vs. White Brook Middle School (MA).
- Floyd T. Binns Middle School #2 (VA) sporting hats that are upside down and flipped up!
- The NSA's Jon Gould is keeping an eye out for game 3 during this "who will play in the finals" round. Our Lady of Victory Baltimore #1 (MD) is squaring off with Windham Middle School #1 (NH) now.
- Standing to show the leftover tiles: Salem Elementary #1 (NC) vs. Willets Road School (NY).
- Good game handshakes as the winners stand to reach over the table.
- Director Ben Greenwood discusses an endgame issue with North Clay Jr. High Team Red (IL) and Ridgefield Library #2 (CT).
- Ridgefield Library #1 (CT) vs. Somers/North Salem SCRABBLE Club (NY). gLISTENS was a 113-point triple-triple played by Ridgefield. They won this game, 462-299.
- Stephen Alt of Ridgefield Library #1 (CT) shows me his name badge with autographs of Nicky Vasquez and Paolo Federico O'Murchu of Glenfield/Collins Elementary Schools (NJ) on the back side.
- Windham Middle School #1 (NH) vs. Our Lady of Victory Baltimore #1 (MD).
- Churchill Road Elementary (VA) finishes endgame paperwork with Eastern Greene School #2 (IN).
- Many after-school snacks!
- Discussing the finals round: Joey Krafchick of Atlanta- Pinckneyville Middle School (GA), Ben Greenwood, and John Chew.
- Nothing makes a four-point loss feel better than a mom's hug and some SCRABBLE Cheez-It! Hannah Lieberman of Randolph Middle School (NC) with her mom and coach, Kayta Lezin.